Canon says preorders for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 have exceeded expectations

Aug 27, 2019
I’ve cancelled my Pre order also, it’s way to many unknowns about how the R5 will actually perform. For those of you who doesn’t know, I bought one of the ten first 1d3’s in my country and it turned out be one of my most regrettable purchases and seeing all the if’s and but’s and maybe’s with the R5, I’d rather wait and see...
Never a wrong decision to wait and get more info, Camera will still be there if when you decide it is for you.

Lots of us will be testing it for you (I will send you a bill :LOL: )

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Just got this email from Canon:

Your pre-order is expected to ship from our warehouse in approximately 48 - 72 hours.

As a reminder, the estimated ship date is not a guarantee of shipment. All pre-order shipment dates are approximate and subject to change without prior notice. Once the order ships, your payment will be processed and you will receive another e-mail with shipment and tracking information.

Probably automatically tied to the shipping date on the Canon website though ...

No change on my B&H order placed at 6:38am (PST), still "backordered "

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pmjm

R5, 1DX Mk II, 5D Mk IV, four 90D's
Sep 8, 2016
Good to know, thanks. We'll see. Hopefully they are just sandbagging the delivery dates. But 5% off a $4000 camera is not a small amount of cash, so I'm content to wait a little while if that's what it takes.

Just got another email from Amazon updating my delivery date to August 3rd. So it looks like it will actually ship the 31st or the 1st in that first batch. Yay!

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Just got another email from Amazon updating my delivery date to August 3rd. So it looks like it will actually ship the 31st or the 1st in that first batch. Yay!
Dang! I got no such email like that. Mine still says arriving Aug 11 - Sep 3. Looks like I didn't make the first boat. Hopefully soon after. That's fine. Not a lot to take photos of these days anyway. Hope you enjoy it.

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Dang! I got no such email like that. Mine still says arriving Aug 11 - Sep 3. Looks like I didn't make the first boat. Hopefully soon after. That's fine. Not a lot to take photos of these days anyway. Hope you enjoy it.
Nevermind, just got the email from Amazon this morning estimating an Aug 3 arrival. :)

For reference, I ordered it the morning of the youtube premiere, at about 9am eastern time.

Upvote 0
That’s great! Mine was also at B&H, and says “order in progress”. When I called, the automated message for my order says expected delivery August 4. Not sure why, but I’m ok with that.
You might get yours tomorrow too. I’m willing to bet it says that because today starts a holiday for them till tomorrow and they’re closed Saturday and don’t ship Sunday.

Upvote 0

tbintb

5DSR, R5
May 26, 2020
You might get yours tomorrow too. I’m willing to bet it says that because today starts a holiday for them till tomorrow and they’re closed Saturday and don’t ship Sunday.
I just received an email that it has shipped as well. Time to play with our New Christmas-in-July toys. :)

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Hope you have extra batteries. I hear this camera drains them QUICK. I have 5 charged and waiting.

Nope, this is my first full frame, and my first camera to use anything like an LPE6. Thus, I own no spare batteries and no charger. I just called the shop thinking I could buy an LPE6NH this afternoon and charge it tonight...but A) they have none and B) I realized while I was on hold as he looked, that I don't have the charger.

It's odd that this battery is cheaper than the LP-E6N.

Hmm, I might know someone who has an LP-E6 I can borrow...

Upvote 0

Nelu

1-DX Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R
CR Pro
Nope, this is my first full frame, and my first camera to use anything like an LPE6. Thus, I own no spare batteries and no charger. I just called the shop thinking I could buy an LPE6NH this afternoon and charge it tonight...but A) they have none and B) I realized while I was on hold as he looked, that I don't have the charger.

It's odd that this battery is cheaper than the LP-E6N.

Hmm, I might know someone who has an LP-E6 I can borrow...
Steve, I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.
You're not supposed to touch the camera for three days, due to possible COVID-19 contamination. ;)

• Haha
Upvote 0

pmjm

R5, 1DX Mk II, 5D Mk IV, four 90D's
Sep 8, 2016
Nevermind, just got the email from Amazon this morning estimating an Aug 3 arrival. :)

For reference, I ordered it the morning of the youtube premiere, at about 9am eastern time.
Congrats! Amazon charged my card today and says I should have it in my hands sometime Friday the 31st. Unfortunately my Atomos Ninja won't be here until next week so I'm not gonna be able to fully put it through its paces until then.

Upvote 0