Confirmed: Canon EOS R5c to be announced next month [CR3]

I really feel conflicted about this camera.. at first I really want to buy it but now it really needs to fall into the rice price range.. as far as rumors go it's basically a slight improvement over the R5 (a welcomed one though) but I wouldn't put too much money to basically remove a software limit (30min) and software capabilities (logs) that could (but won't) be pushed through firmware updates and a fan..
considering they're tagging their camera with a C though makes me think that canon will go crazy on the price as it's a "C" line afterall..
we shall see soon enough I guess but I'm not paying 5 or 6k for a slightly improved R5

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Has this actually happened to you?

I have never heard about any overheating in 1080p.

Perhaps there were other factors involved (wrong video C3 settings etc) as I cannot see this being normal.
Unfortunately yeah, it's happend every time. If you own one push it to overheat and try to film in 1080p 100p or 120p, you will see, other 1080 modes will work. When they announced that the update will offer 120p in 1080 I was so happy but at the end it suffers the same overheating as in 4k. To bad cause there is no way to film 120 frames without overheating problem. And it's not about the settings. It was movie mode, manual in c-log with Sandisk cfexpress 256 card.

Upvote 0
I really feel conflicted about this camera.. at first I really want to buy it but now it really needs to fall into the rice price range.. as far as rumors go it's basically a slight improvement over the R5 (a welcomed one though) but I wouldn't put too much money to basically remove a software limit (30min) and software capabilities (logs) that could (but won't) be pushed through firmware updates and a fan..
considering they're tagging their camera with a C though makes me think that canon will go crazy on the price as it's a "C" line afterall..
we shall see soon enough I guess but I'm not paying 5 or 6k for a slightly improved R5
Is it really a "C" camera though? Same photo-centric sensor as the R5. Based on the rumors it sounds like they added more mount points and a fan. No rumors about waveforms, false colors, or any other video assist tools.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I made a conclusion based on knowledge of the principles of depth of field and equivalence.

The comments section merely shows that there are several people who lack a technical understanding of photography. You can find many posts on this forum from people claiming they choose to use APS-C cameras instead of FF because they want more DoF. The fact that many people make the same mistake doesn’t make them correct. The Flat Earth Society has many members, does that mean their belief is correct? No, it just means there are a lot of idiots out there.

As to your first question, I haven’t used the GFX. I have a large collection of 645 negatives from back in the day when medium format meant more than ‘a bit larger than FF’.
I own a GFX100, and can confirm your posts.

You just have to adjust by the 0.79 to get things the same as a full frame camera as far as DOF, etc.

Lol, these guys would really freak trying to figure out when adapting "real" medium format lenses, like the old V system Hasselblad lenses with a focal reducer on the GFX.....

At one time I did calculate what the V system 80mm would be on a FF camera when attached to the GFX sensor...but I lost that bar napkin, and my heads still hurting from NYE celebrations to try to redo that math.

;)

cayenne

Upvote 0