Images of BG-E20 Grip & W-E1 Wifi Adaptor Leak Out

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Images of the BG-E20 battery grip for the EOS 5D Mark IV, and W-E1 wifi adaptor have leaked ahead of this weeks launch. The W-E1 will be coming with the EOS  7D Mark II going forward.</p>
<p>The BG-E20 will use the same LP-E6/E6N batteries from previous EOS 5D cameras.</p>
<p><em>If you want to be notified as soon as preorders for all the new Canon gear are live around globe, <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/get-notified-when-preorders-go-live/">sign-up for our notification here</a>.</em></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Mar 25, 2011
Canon Rumors said:
dolina said:
So us first adopters of the 7D Mark II are left in the lurch?

Woderful. Canon delighting me always.

I think the adaptor costs about $40USD, so not soooooo bad.
That is lower than my Eye-fi Mobi Pro card, so getting one seems like a no brainer. Remote camera control, tethering, and automatic upload of images using Canon utilities. Eye-Fi is certainly better to setup and use than Canon Utilities, but its not two way. I use both, depending on the camera. I can put my eye-fi in my wife's Nikon P&S that has Wi-Fi that is all but useless.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
UK
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Canon Rumors said:
dolina said:
So us first adopters of the 7D Mark II are left in the lurch?

Woderful. Canon delighting me always.

I think the adaptor costs about $40USD, so not soooooo bad.
That is lower than my Eye-fi Mobi Pro card, so getting one seems like a no brainer. Remote camera control, tethering, and automatic upload of images using Canon utilities. Eye-Fi is certainly better to setup and use than Canon Utilities, but its not two way. I use both, depending on the camera. I can put my eye-fi in my wife's Nikon P&S that has Wi-Fi that is all but useless.
Possibly cheaper as it appears not to have any storage on board?

Upvote 0

kdsand

Newt II a human stampede
Nov 1, 2011
north west indiana
7DII :-\
+1 to canon for giving wireless tether
-1 for playing catch up
-3 for making us pay for what is standard in everything from printers to point & shoots
-12 old bs canon claim wifi impossible because of the magnesium body

-30 if canon expects wifi card to be used in 7DIII (or whatever else comes our way eventually)

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
kdsand said:
7DII :-\
+1 to canon for giving wireless tether
-1 for playing catch up
-3 for making us pay for what is standard in everything from printers to point & shoots
-12 old bs canon claim wifi impossible because of the magnesium body

-30 if canon expects wifi card to be used in 7DIII (or whatever else comes our way eventually)

-90 for this post.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Remember people, it is the firmware update for the 7D2 that enables all the new remote control functionality....without it, it is just a dumb WiFi card that blindly dumps files over a link......

You will not be able to use any of this new functionality on any other camera until a firmware update for that particular camera comes out..... I expect to see several such updates over the next few months, the 7D2 is just the first.....

Upvote 0