Images of BG-E20 Grip & W-E1 Wifi Adaptor Leak Out

Mar 25, 2011
Marauder said:
Arrrrggghhhhh! I forgot to get some cheese to have while I read this thread!

My fault really. Past experience certainly should have led me to expect copious amounts of wine!!! ;D 8) ::)
Always have plenty of popcorn and your favorite beverage when new product announcement time comes around.

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Marauder said:
Arrrrggghhhhh! I forgot to get some cheese to have while I read this thread!

My fault really. Past experience certainly should have led me to expect copious amounts of wine!!! ;D 8) ::)
Always have plenty of popcorn and your favorite beverage when new product announcement time comes around.

LOL That is an excellent plan!

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
rrcphoto said:
kdsand said:
7DII :-\
+1 to canon for giving wireless tether
-1 for playing catch up
-3 for making us pay for what is standard in everything from printers to point & shoots
-12 old bs canon claim wifi impossible because of the magnesium body

-30 if canon expects wifi card to be used in 7DIII (or whatever else comes our way eventually)

-90 for this post.

+1 for rrcphoto's post.

But while I think the "grading" is silly, I would say this:

+ to Canon for adding wireless tether to 7DII;
+ to Canon for adding wifi connectivity to 7DII (Which pretty much puts it on par with the brand new Nikon D500 for stills shooters -- maybe not so much for those who care about 4K);
+ to Canon for finding a way, once again, to take a two-year-old camera and bolt on new technology to make it new again;
- to Canon for making us pay for what is standard in everything from printers to point & shoots;
+ to Canon for offering it at a fire sale price;
- to Canon for their past claims that WiFi was impossible because of the magnesium body

-30 if canon expects wifi card to be used in 7DIII (or whatever else comes our way eventually)

Of course that's not going to happen. Every Canon from now on will have wireless connectivity (except maybe bargain-priced Rebels)

It will be interesting to see if it has memory in the card. If it doesn't then it won't be much use to 6D Classic owners or non-wifi Rebel owners. Won't really matter to 7DII and 5DIII owners.

And, finally, as has been said before, the devil will be in the firmware update.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Chaitanya said:
So basically Eye Fi Pro with Canon castration treatment applied to it.

Do you happen to own a 2 way eye-fi of any type? Eye-Fi only downloads photos, it does not let you tether and control the camera remotely. While we do not know all the details, its a completely different animal than a eye-fi, Get the eye-Fi if you want a castrated version of the Canon that only works one way.

Upvote 0

greger

7D
Jan 1, 2013
I was called a troll for lamenting the 7Dll didn't have wifi included when it came out! People are still upset every time Canon does something. I was thinking I might replace my 7D with this new firmware update and the new wifi adapter included in the box with the camera. I shot pics of a Car Show Saturday Night Cruise that started at 7:30 pm. The camera used slow shutter speeds so lots of blurry shots. I may pick up a Monopod before next years Cruise. I could use it instead of my cane and if I get better pics then all the better. My Wife got good pics with her 70D so some of the fault is mine. So I wait for Canon to,build me a camera that I want. This wifi card is a step in the right direction for this troll! LOL If Canon doesn't mind losing sales of their flash mounted wifi transmitter they might include updates for legacy cameras. If not there's still Camranger but it is much more than a wifi card.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
Diko said:
Why now? Why not 2-3 years ago?

I remember I expected wifi in the 5d3 and then in 2012 it was a new thing. Canon failed with timing :(. Perhaps they'd expexted to eat their offensively expensive wifi adapters :(

why not?

they should wait and not release it then because some may consider it.. "bad timing"?

the other adapter will be no where as limited in range as this ... oO

Upvote 0