New Canon Camera Bodies Appear for Certification - Updated

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><a href="https://www.nokishita-camera.com/p/blog-page_29.html">Nokishita</a> has uncovered more unreleased cameras from Canon through certification agencies.</p>
<p><strong>*UPDATED* Canon’s “DS126721” is registered with overseas certification bodies </strong>(Google Translated)</p>
<ul>
<li>Taiwan NCC (<a href="https://nccmember.ncc.gov.tw/Application/FUN/FUN016_JPG.aspx?fileid=rLXuZmPNrn0%3d">PDF file</a>)</li>
<li>Interchangeable lens camera (single lens reflex or full size mirrorless)</li>
<li>Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed</li>
<li>Battery: DC 7.2 V, 1800 mAh</li>
<li>Charger: Input AC 100 – 240 V (50/60 Hz), Output DC 8.4 V 1.2 A</li>
<li>Kiss M same radio parts (WM 600)</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Canon’s test cameras code named: “K436” “K437”</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>These are confirmed to be DSLRs, though which models is unknown at this time.</li>
<li>K436 and K437 of SLR also supports test data of smartphone’s Bluetooth remote control function.

<em>* and the Bluetooth remote control function from the latest smartphone of ※ List of cameras tested: M5, M6, M100, KissM, G9XII, G1XIII, SX730HS, K433, K436, K437, EC801, EC804, EC805, EC811</em></li>
<li>The remaining battery level indication of K436 is 4 stages (same as 9000D etc.). Battery level indication on K437 is in six stages (same as 5D Mark IV etc.).</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Canon test cameras code named: “K424” “K433” “EC 811”</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>These are confirmed to be mirrorless cameras</li>
<li>Beyond the EOS M5 Mark II, the other model names are unknown at this time.</li>
<li>K433 and EC 811 correspond to the smartphone’s Bluetooth remote control function. K424 does not correspond at the present moment ( 6/24 correction:</li>
</ul>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Re: New Canon Camera Bodies Appear for Certification

fullstop said:
"stages of battery"? what do you mean?

The battery bar, I assume.

canon_eos_t5_back.JPG

versus

canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-review-4-1500x1000.jpg

Also the top display on the cameras that have them.

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011

fullstop said:

You know, the battery charge level indicator. Some cameras have 4 levels others more.

The 7d and 7d2 has 4 so I'm not sure 6 levels indicates a 7d3, sounds more FF to me but as I understand things, no FF dslr is scheduled for a good while so I'm going to guess this is the first FF mirrorless

Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC

zim said:
fullstop said:

You know, the battery charge level indicator. Some cameras have 4 levels others more.

The 7d and 7d2 has 4 so I'm not sure 6 levels indicates a 7d3, sounds more FF to me but as I understand things, no FF dslr is scheduled for a good while so I'm going to guess this is the first FF mirrorless

Technically, there are 6 stages, even though there are only 4 bars:

100-70% (4 bars)
69-50%(3 bars)
49-20% (2 bars)
19-10% (1 bar)
9-1% (1 flashing bar)
0% (empty battery / no bars)

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012

This is a pretty juicy piece of intel. I'm curious how much of this are just consumer products in three colors vs. more substantial product lines.

The 5d-level battery has piqued my interest the most. It's too soon for a 7D3 or 5DS2, so I'm wondering what it could be for.

- A

Upvote 0

ahsanford said:
This is a pretty juicy piece of intel. I'm curious how much of this are just consumer products in three colors vs. more substantial product lines.

The 5d-level battery has piqued my interest the most. It's too soon for a 7D3 or 5DS2, so I'm wondering what it could be for.

- A

--

Only ONE of the listed cameras is TRULY JUICY .... and just to keep it real....

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST !!!!

Let's just say Canon and Sony are coming out with "STUFF" LARGER THAN LIFE very soon now...................

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012

An LP-E6N seems to work with everything from an XXD up to 5D, and the rumor would describe this as an SLR. So this thing could be any of the following:

90D (this would be earlier than we anticipated, but on paper the next 'nice' SLR to come out)
7D3 (this would be way earlier than anticipated)
5DS2 (this would be way earlier than anticipated)
Something nutty -- an astro version of an existing camera? New nicer SLR market segment?

Anything else, perhaps?

- A

Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC

crashpc said:
Dividing models with battery level stages in 2018/2019? Ist that the thing these days? c´mon Canon....

That's just a way for us to tell that it's a prosumer model, rather than a lower end, entry-level model.

TBH, I had not even thought of that as a way to distinguish models, and I don't think anyone buying an entry-level model would care, especially on a DSLR, where the battery lasts a very, very long time.

When the battery starts flashing on a 6D2, I can still shoot a pretty significant number of photos.

Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2018

crashpc said:
Dividing models with battery level stages in 2018/2019? Ist that the thing these days? c´mon Canon....

hehe, Canon "marketing differentiation" at work. somehow they need to create miniscule differences between a dozen murrorslapper models they are selling betwenn 350 and 6000 €/$.

instead of simply showing remaining battery charge as a precise percentage number. but still better than nerfing battery capacity by more than 18% by stickibg 2012 batteries into a new 2018 camera model ...

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012

fullstop said:
instead of simply showing remaining battery charge as a precise percentage number. but still better than nerfing battery capacity by more than 18% by stickibg 2012 batteries into a new 2018 camera model ...

The thread isn't about crappy batteries -- it's about new stuff the crappy batteries go into. Stay on topic. ;)

- A

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012

Update from Nokishita just now. Link below + screen cap of Google translate.

https://www.nokishita-camera.com/2018/06/ds126721.html

Smaller rig wifi + LP-E6-like battery would presumably rule out the EOS M5 Mk II, so ... 90D or FF mirrorless?

- A

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 12.05.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 12.05.12 AM.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,211
Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2018

correct. it is really absurd to watch Canon's marketing nerfing all the way down to the tiniest firmware functions like showing remaing battery charge. truly telling when in 2018 registration descriptions of new camera models are based on "4 segment vs 6 segment battery charge indicator icons on a camera rear display".

i find it very strange that even on a higher end camera like my 5D3 i have to dive into the menu system just to check *charge remaining* as a percentage. on my EOS M that number is not to be found anywhere. maybe it is not only firmware but also those whimpy old 2012 LP-E12 batteries nerfed to not give a "real readout" of remaining charge ... probably "just to avoid depressing customers" ... yes, Canon really can. lol

Upvote 0

fullstop said:
correct. it is really absurd to watch Canon's marketing nerfing all the way down to the tiniest firmware functions like showing remaing battery charge. truly telling when in 2018 registration descriptions of new camera models are based on "4 segment vs 6 segment battery charge indicator icons on a camera rear display".

[...]

Calculating the battery charge is much more than a tiny firmware function. It is a matter of measurement done by the power conversion system and/or the cpu + measurement of battery temperature. This needs some hardware which would not fit easily in smaller cameras and costs ... material + programming + testing.

A more detailed battery charge control is therefore a hint for a camera dedicated to professional use including an "intelligent" battery maybe with integrated temperature sensors and a communication protocol between battery and camera.

The large capacity battery and grainier battery display leads me too to the conclusion that it is probably a FF mirrorless with good video capability - as videographer I would like to see how many minutes I have until the battery is empty. While you may take 1000 photos with one charge over 5 days, video might deliver only 150 min per charge.

Upvote 0