The Canon EOS R5 Mark II buzz is growing in the background

The drama. The back-and-forth. More drama. Yes. No. Maybe. Wait...

Sounds like the 'negotiations' with my senior prom date;).

Hey, that turned out pretty good:giggle:...

Last time I checked, though, she shoots Sony:cry:

It's dumb, but it was clarified, which was the point of the post.

We've written about mid-July previously................;)

It's dumb, but it was clarified, which was the point of the post.

We've written about mid-July previously................;)
In a forum such as this one, context is important...and at times impossible (at least for yours truly) to convey.

In no way was my post a criticism of anything here...before or after any clarification--as I've often said...it is Canon Rumors.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
In a forum such as this one, context is important...and at times impossible (at least for yours truly) to convey.

In no way was my post a criticism of anything here...before or after any clarification--as I've often said...it is Canon Rumors.

Keep up the good work.
No, not at all. I'm annoyed by it all. Looking forward to the weekend!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
The R1 will be less than 30mp, The R52 is 45MP

Remember, Canon doesn't care about your or my $20K with 1 series cameras, they care about all of the agencies that will buy hundreds of them and the professionals that earn a living with them, and always have the ear of Canon.

1 series camera sales don't really move the needle financially on their own. It's the after purchase support services that do.
Great answer. it took me almost 20 years just to purchase a EOS 1 FILM CAMERA! I will never own a Canon R1, just like I will never own a LOTUS OR MERCEDES but I get excited about then nevertheless. Lookin forwards to the next few weeks as we close in on Father's Day ( and Canon Christmas period)

Upvote 0
Still, they need a differentiation with the R1, if they offer 30 fps on the R5 mk2 and that can be (mostly) sustained with a high speed CFe4 card, that would eat into 1 series territory significantly.
Let's just hope for the best.

What say you @Canon Rumors Guy , CFe4 in the R5 mk2 ?
CFe4 is not needed. The current limitation is the bus speed within the R5 rather than the sustained write speed of ~1500MB/s of most high speed CFe v3 cards.
If the bus speed increases by 2-3x then we start hitting the write speeds of version 3. Noting the current hot spot issues of CFe cards in general.
V4 cards would be more expensive initially BUT may have active throttling of the bus speed to handle thermal issues.

Upvote 0
That's why they have been dumping inventory with crazy rebates... and it has been working according to retailers.

Old camera stock has never really been an issue with 5 series cameras (or any EOS camera), there are lots of people that don't need the latest and greatest.

I have heard this fallacy before, and it's simply not true.

There are plenty of examples of Canon announcing things, not shipping for months (up to 6 months) and old stock being available and still selling just fine. There is no building holding mountains of cameras that they can't sell.

If in the end, if there are a few left over.. they go to service centres and become replacement instead of repair cameras. The accountants handle all of that.
The 5Div is still available for sale @ USD2300!

Upvote 0
I will not expect a R5 Mk2 announcement until early June then maybe a July announcement. We shall see. I do find it odd that we already have a development announcement for the R1 and photos of the R1 in the field while the R5 Mk2 is a mystery. At least I know the R1 exists.

Upvote 0
the improved AF sounds terrific. if it's R3 level, I'll be excited. If it's better I'll be ecstatic. eye AF would be great too as it can be stressful during fast moving situations like runway models that are stacked too closely. I don't care about additional MP as 45 MP is fantastic for me. the dual gain sensor will be amazing and mean that we're going to clog2 as well. I would love a bigger buffer. And I would love to skip the SD card slot and go to dual CF but somehow I think they'll stick to the current setup.

Upvote 0