Canon confirms 8K capable EOS R camera in development

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
[..] It's no different on jpeg or raw for processing time for HDR, it's just very very slow. I assume this is a processor issue not a sensor issue, so I would hope that Canon look at using third party sensors that are outpacing their own to keep up with this aspect of photography.

Or more likely, Canon hasn't cared enough to make it fast and treated it as a checkbox item "HDR? check!".

Back to the current state of things, someone on the DPR EOS R forum mentioned that a tweaked picture style can get you close to what your phone does, have you tried that yet?

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2014
All this talk of 8K (and 4K). What will be filmed on these cameras? YouTube vlogs? Low budget short films? The next potential Oscar winning epic? I never see discussions about 4K/8K that talks about what these cameras will be filming, just people obsessing over the technology. I’ve yet to see anything on YouTube that would improve if filmed in 4K. It’s like saying newer cameras won’t improve your photography. If you are an inexperienced filmmaker, 8K/4K won’t help.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Nelu

1-DX Mark III, EOS R5, EOS R
CR Pro
All this talk of 8K (and 4K). What will be filmed on these cameras? YouTube vlogs? Low budget short films? The next potential Oscar winning epic? I never see discussions about 4K/8K that talks about what these cameras will be filming, just people obsessing over the technology. I’ve yet to see anything on YouTube that would improve if filmed in 4K. It’s like saying newer cameras won’t improve your photography. If you are an inexperienced filmmaker, 8K/4K won’t help.
“There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept”
Ansel Adams

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
And ridiculously big difference between some phone video at 1080 and a proper Blu-ray Disc movie also.
Yes, you can tell more difference between bad 1080p and good 1080p than between good 1080p and good 4K on a decent TV at normal distances.

Similarly, streaming video quality can have more to do with bitrate than theoretical resolution.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0