More about the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R system camera [CR2]

Pape

EOS RP
Dec 31, 2018
Hmm i dont think canon would look good if releasing 80mpixel high resolution camera.
They would lose their face when interviewed and asked why their high resolution camera is just 16 mpixel bigger than sonys all around camera.
Maybe that 80 mpixel patent is for 5D5 and high res would be then 150mpixel around 2x general cameras resolution ?
i still think canon strikes back :p
And if they manage upscale their best sensor atm 32mpx crop one to 80mpx why they would waste it to high resolution model?

Last edited:

wockawocka

EOS 7D MK II
Sep 13, 2011
If you have just a few hot/dead pixels and they don't show up in your photos, my don't, just forget about them. Out of many millions they are not significant. if you have a bunch then Canon can "map" them out. Dust on the sensor is a much bigger problem than a few bad pixels.
It's because people prefer to play with tech rather than use it for it's intended purpose.

SteveC

M50 & T6i
Sep 3, 2019
"RS" is a hilariously unsuitable name for a camera in Australia, because it's a common variation of this crude expression to describe something that doesn't work properly. But then again, Mitsubishi kept selling the Pajero...
Nothing stopped Toyota from prominently displaying TRD on their trucks in the States...there's only one way to pronounce that.

JohnC

EOS M50
Sep 22, 2019
Gainesville,GA
Hmm i dont think canon would look good if releasing 80mpixel high resolution camera.
They would lose their face when interviewed and asked why their high resolution camera is just 16 mpixel bigger than sonys all around camera.
Maybe that 80 mpixel patent is for 5D5 and high res would be then 150mpixel around 2x general cameras resolution ?
i still think canon strikes back :p
And if they manage upscale their best sensor atm 32mpx crop one to 80mpx why they would waste it to high resolution model?

if they can keep/improve base ISO performance at that resolution I would love to have it for a hi-res body. I actually crop quite a few of my landscape shots. The more resolution the better unless I pay and IQ penalty. We will see.