Here are the Canon EOS R7 and Canon EOS R10

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Looks a great camera, what do you think the price's? If its like 1100$-1200$ maybe I'll consider it. If it's 1500$ or more I don't see a point of getting a Canon R6 instead. We'll know very soon anyway.
No chance in hell it's going to be less than $1500 MSRP, especially with the component shortage and now inflation eating profit margins. The R6 is still $2500 and gives way fewer pixels per duck. I'm guessing $1600 to $1800.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2019
Pics look interesting.

Something I don't get:
That AF/MF switch on the front side. I wouldn't want to have it there.
Why there? Why at all?
If it isn't on the RF-S lenses anymore, then make it SW in the camera menu.
SW AF/MF switch sucks, I can tell you.
Using the 16 2.8 on the EOS R is all OK beside the missing switch.
The only workaround I can live with is BBAF.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2019
UK
I really hope these pics are just mockups. The R7 design and controls look horrifying. If this is actually the final design, then this is a hard pass from me! Not at all a continuation of the past 7D line in usability and a huge step backwards.

Again, hoping these photos are nonsense.
You’ve not tried it yet…?

Upvote 0
Nope, because these are crop ones
True but what I meant is that they might stop selling RP and R when these are out. R6 and R5 already exist as a fullframe replacement.

The original R won’t be replaced. It was a one off, introduction t the R system, camera. If anything then the R5 is already the R replacement.
That's what I meant, "replace" was a bit bad of a wording.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Of course, Canon designed this lever at that position for a certain reason: it is a good position for the majority of testers.
And maybe for you, too.
Maybe I am the minority in finding that position bad, but together with focus by wire I just don‘t get it.

And I come from the point of view, that I can do MF since I was using my fathers FTb
We could be putting too much faith in Canon, but I hope that they progressively make each generation of camera and body style more attuned to what users want. Of course they could still miss the mark, like with this AF/MF switch.

I don't disagree on the location. That may be a bad spot. As long as I can reach a button without finger contortion, I (my small hands) can work with it. Fat, fidgety, or forgetful fingers may disagree and need a different location, or just disable it in the menu. My 1DX Mark III has buttons everywhere, but once I programmed and learned them, they very usable.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0