07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Steve said:
ISO 800 looks great, 3200/6400 not so much. I'd like to see some shots at 1600 because that seems to be where I'm at the most. Also curious if these are ooc jpegs or converted RAWs

Definitely SOOC, they have the typical waxy,squishy, too much DNR look of DIGIC plus Canon setting the NR too high on top of that.

RAWs will surely look much better. (only problem is for video, where there is no RAW, so you are stuck with the whole wax look)

Upvote 0
Q

Quest for Light

stefsan said:
As nice some of these pics look, they do not tell us a lot about the actual quality of the sensor or the IQ of its RAW output. And that is the only thing that matters (for me anyway).

As someone wrote they look like any other image from canon APS-C.
Image quality and sensor in the 7D MK2 is nothing Canon can be proud of.

Im off.

I switched to Nikon for Landscape work and i doens´t look as if Canon will get my money again.

If your looking for a great high MP camera don´t wait... it is here already.
It´s called D810.

Goodbye......

Upvote 0
3kramd5 said:
stefsan said:
...the actual quality of the sensor or the IQ of its RAW output... is the only thing that matters (for me anyway).

Then it's time to preorder.

Oh yeah, a Hassy would be nice. But that's a bit out of my league :D

I am perfectly aware that no APS-C sensor will deliver the same IQ as a FF. I just want to see what they can do. I would be perfectly OK with a sensor that performs slightly better than the 7D for high ISO and gets rid of the banding noise showing up even at low ISOs. I hope that this is not too much to ask after five years…

Upvote 0
Quest for Light said:
stefsan said:
As nice some of these pics look, they do not tell us a lot about the actual quality of the sensor or the IQ of its RAW output. And that is the only thing that matters (for me anyway).

As someone wrote they look like any other image from canon APS-C.
Image quality and sensor in the 7D MK2 is nothing Canon can be proud of.

Im off.

Goodbye guest...another one post wonder Nikon troll....

I switched to Nikon for Landscape work and i doens´t look as if Canon will get my money again.

If your looking for a great high MP camera don´t wait... it is here already.
It´s called D810.

Goodbye......

Upvote 0