Not open for further replies.
R

rocketdesigner

gtp said:
http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eos/lineup/1v/index.html

1V is up on Canon Japan's site.

Here is translation:

EOS-1V Body Opening Price

Product price is not set to open retail price.
Model: EOS-Published 1V /: 2043A002
JAN code :4960999 -124 001
EOS-1V HS Body (Standard Power Drive Booster PB-E2) Open Price

Product price is not set to open retail price.
Model: EOS-Published 1VHS /: 2044A004
JAN code :4960999 -124 049
Key Features

Dust and splash-proof magnesium alloy exterior performance. Basic performance enhancements.
Operability inherited from the EOS-1 maturation.
Good crisp clarity, 100% ※ about viewfinder coverage.
9.11.45 AF points. Advanced ease of use, the AF area mature.
Metering and exposure control of eight of nine, starting with evaluative metering division 21.
Motion prediction of the second shooting 9 frames / sec high-speed continuous shooting about 10 frames / approx. (EOS-1V HS · Ni-MH Pack NP when using E2)
Custom Function 63 Items 20 full species.
Enables more granular customization. Personal Function 31 species.
Supports advanced flash photography. Advanced E-automatic dimming system with TTL.

Upvote 0

dr croubie

Too many photos, too little time.
Jun 1, 2011
gtp said:
http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eos/lineup/1v/index.html

1V is up on Canon Japan's site.

Has been for the last 11 years... ::)
http://cweb.canon.jp/camera/eosd/lineup/index.html has the Digital EOS cameras, same usual suspects there...

By my watch, it's 9am in Australia. That makes it 630am in Singapore, so another 4 hours at least to go. It's 1030pm monday UTC, so 0030 in Amsterdam, another 16 hours to go there.

*goes back to taking photos to kill time*

Upvote 0
H

htjunkie

Doodah said:
I do not understand why people always associate dynamic range with pixel size. The Nikon D7000 has wider dynamic range than the Canon 5D despite the smaller pixel size.

Uuuh, where did you see that people associate DR with pixel size? As I understand it, DR is the amount of different stops (from lowest to highest) the camera can record on one shot.

Upvote 0
R

rocketdesigner

gtp said:
Yep, that was just pointed out to me. Somebody had posted it on the DP Review forums, and I hadn't seen it here, so I thought I was being helpful, when in reality, I was just spreading someone else's trolling efforts (unless, it was legitimately posted mistakenly there, as well). My apologies.

Well, you got me excited ... even though the translation was a bunch of junk ???

Upvote 0
The Today Online Singapore has already post its Oct 18th edition online.

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/PDF/20111018/1810VOP021.pdf

I can only see a PIXMA MX886 printer.....................

Don't you guys think it's weird that they bought 4-page ads last week and it's not showcasing anything on a day of what they are supposed to surprise everyone?! Unless there is nooooooothing to announce.......................... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Isn't there another Canon announcement scheduled in Netherland? What's up with that one??

Upvote 0

Meh

Sep 20, 2011
htjunkie said:
Doodah said:
I do not understand why people always associate dynamic range with pixel size. The Nikon D7000 has wider dynamic range than the Canon 5D despite the smaller pixel size.

Uuuh, where did you see that people associate DR with pixel size? As I understand it, DR is the amount of different stops (from lowest to highest) the camera can record on one shot.

Dynamic Range is the ratio of the largest to smallest signal that can be recorded. The largest signal is the maximum number of electrons that the photosite can hold (full well capacity) and that scales with the size (area) of the photosite. Therefore, DR does go up with the size of the photosite for a given noise level.

Important to note that the size of the photosite (the light sensitive part) is not the full size of the pixel... the amount of space it takes up is called the "fill factor" and has typically been less than 50% but that may have been something that Sony has improved upon.

The Sony sensor in the D7000 was a great improvement because the the full well capacity is almost as high as the 5D (the 5D2 is larger). The read-noise at ISO 100 was also reduced in the Sony sensor. The net result is that the D7000 has a very large DR.

Upvote 0
waving_odd said:
The Today Online Singapore has already post its Oct 18th edition online.

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/PDF/20111018/1810VOP021.pdf

I can only see a PIXMA MX886 printer.....................

Don't you guys think it's weird that they bought 4-page ads last week and it's not showcasing anything on a day of what they are supposed to surprise everyone?! Unless there is nooooooothing to announce.......................... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Isn't there another Canon announcement scheduled in Netherland? What's up with that one??

Nothing weird at all, the official announcement has still to be made.
No way people read on the newspaper the BIG new (whatever it will be) before the official release.

Still waiting

Upvote 0
this eos-1V is a weird camera. It has 45 AF point from which only 7 are cross type. The 7 are arranged in in center from top to bottom so it does not seem a great improvement from the 5D mk ii. It would have been good to have the cross type point arranged in cross, so at least 2 to be available on the extreme left and right. The area the AF points take seems to be the same as with the 1Ds mk iii, so they are not really spread but stay in the center. I am still trying to understand what the Japanese said

Upvote 0
htjunkie said:
Doodah said:

Dynamic Range is the number of stops you have from the darkest to the lightest tones. If you have a larger number of electrons (ie larger well capacity) it's easier to differentiate the different tonal values. You could also try to make a more accurate A/D converter or optimize the pathway up to the conversion stage. You could also try to other ways to minimize noise so that you don't need as many electrons to separate your levels. If you can keep the sensor temperature low it makes your job easier. In a perfect world you can have 12 stops using just 12 electrons and cell phones would have great DR.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.