What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CanonCollector

Have all the great complaints about Canon been written? I am afraid that may be the case but I am searching for something angry to say.

How I got started was I was thinking of ordering a 5D Mark III at B&H and getting in on the complaint fest here but I had some serious second thoughts and it took some doing to save the money. I finally had my Benjamins lined up but I feared I might have missed the great Tsunami of anti-Canon 5D III fervor and what fun is it to be the 400th member complaining about the light leak or the cheap non $3,500 machine tape fix for it or the potential loss in resale value of my new crappy camera? I thought, well, the hand grip has not shipped but that in not as sexy as the lack of truly great DR vs the new Nikons. Then I thought I could re-work the noise issue but that has petered out...some people actual don't care anymore it seems. Where is the bile? You have to get first mover advantage I guess.

What to do?

Pricing? Well that has had hundreds and hundreds of postings and has been examined on 4 continents with historical and hysterical interpretations of every angle possible (and dissections of market stratification mistakes Canon is making) as to why, oh, why it costs so much. There is general agreement it is expensive but many real differences on whether it is worth it - not too promising really...

Is Canon falling behind Nikon with mirrorless? Too late for that... and besides most here don't really care about that at all (DSLR to grave!). Why is Canon so slow with updating lenses that will depreciate my current lenses? Geez, that is perennial favorite but not worthy of the Great Canon Complaint Thread.

Then it came to me. I can get on the waiting list at B&H instead for the Canon 1D X and start complaining on the when the friggin' time is it coming out (June??? - come on Canon you can do better! I am not going to the Olympics but now I really don't want to go without my new camera) and then I can get ready for its crappy IQ, sorry DR and other insanely lame features I am sure Canon will build on in its flagship. What were they thinking???

Geez - this has some potential...

Since very few people here will every see or touch one I could become one of the elite to challenge DXO with some real bile on their corrupt corporate sponsored testing relative to my new annoying camera. When is the first software update going to cure that crazy problem in the menu? I could show some pictures regardless of how they look like to prove Canon engineers were whipsawed by much too carefully listening to crazy customers and evil marketing wankers to produce a camera that is so lame it could only be the Canon flagship and it would be mine, all mine. Cue the mad scientist laughter...

What do you guys think? I am on to something promising?

It's not too late to complain about the 4Ti having only the same 18MP sensor, with the same DR. And it only has 9 autofocus points, not the 51 that we wanted. :eek:

And I am sure it won't have all of the Magic Lantern firmware enhancements. Come on Canon, those are free, they are only firmware! Canon could buy the ML software out of petty cash.

Think we have a w(h)inner!

Have fun!
Michael

Upvote 0
T

Tracy Pinto

ROFL
I hadn't thought of it that way. Many people have certainly converted complaining about Canon to a new art form. Some are seriously worried and others just can't help themselves.

Too bad I love my 5DIII but the Canon 1D X will certainly be a whole new ball game (and opportunity of sorts) I can't afford to play in - I would probably love it anyway. :)

Upvote 0
T

Tracy Pinto

briansquibb said:
CanonCollector said:

You could complain to the television networks about the overloaded network time for the Olympics and accuse Canon of product placement with all those white lens at the torch ceremony.

I know, he should also contact all those photographers who didn't read this blog first on the dangers of Canon :)

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2011
Tracy Pinto said:
briansquibb said:
CanonCollector said:

You could complain to the television networks about the overloaded network time for the Olympics and accuse Canon of product placement with all those white lens at the torch ceremony.

I know, he should also contact all those photographers who didn't read this blog first on the dangers of Canon :)

Did you spot the dummy lens that held the back-up Olympic flame. ;) ;) ;)

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

iaind said:
Tracy Pinto said:
briansquibb said:
CanonCollector said:

I thought the dummy was David Beckham ;)

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2011
briansquibb said:
iaind said:
Tracy Pinto said:
briansquibb said:
CanonCollector said:

I thought the dummy was David Beckham ;)

His "knighthood" was announced today. Threy just might use him to light the Olympic Flame in the Olympic Stadium.

Upvote 0
T

Tracy Pinto

HurtinMinorKey said:
iaind said:
His "knighthood" was announced today. Threy just might use him to light the Olympic Flame in the Olympic Stadium.

For some reason, I imagined them literally using him to light the torch, like a giant flame.

For that purpose they would need to add his Spice Girl in his life to that hot picture

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2011
Tracy Pinto said:
HurtinMinorKey said:
iaind said:

For some reason, I imagined them literally using him to light the torch, like a giant flame.

For that purpose they would need to add his Spice Girl in his life to that hot picture

If they can manage to drag her from her personalised Range Rover Evoque

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.