Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We have received another set of specifications for the upcoming high-megapixel EOS R body, we dub it the “EOS Rs” for now. Canon may call it something else. The source claims to have shot with a prototype recently and that the plan is to announce the new camera in February 2020.
Canon EOS Rs Specifications:

75mp full-frame CMOS
Sensor “focused on the dynamic range”
Frames per second “… Sounded similar to the EOS R”
DIGIC 9
Dual Card Slots
Joystick the same as the EOS-1D X Mark III
Larger and higher resolution EVF than the EOS R
Fully articulating LCD screen
Fully weather-sealed
Similar ergonomics as the EOS R (No touch bar)

We think more will be leaking about this camera in the coming weeks as we get closer to the planned February announcement.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Fran Decatta

EOS R6
Mar 6, 2019
I hope they let down the resolution. 75mpx raws will be heavy as hell and, as a wedding photographer, Im more than happy with the 30 mpx that gives the eos R actually

(I add this due I didn't explain well myself in that original message):

I didn't explain well myself on the coment. It is a good camera, of course, I like a lot all of what I'm reading here and is really appealing. I also do some architecture works and I know that those 75 mpx will be really welcome to architecture/product/fashion photographers.

All I really want is a double SD camera with equilibrated specs like eos R is, as they compare (may be I''ll have to wait until a future R mk2). But this one, is a very good option.

I really love to work with canon, and I can feel that the "perfect camera" for our (wedding photographers) workflow is closer than I expect. This time is for landscape,product and fashion, may be the next one will be to us :)

Add: Is also exciting to see the way Canon is getting with the new mount and technologies, good times are coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I hope they let down the resolution. 75mpx raws will be heavy as hell and, as a wedding photographer, Im more than happy with the 30 mpx that gives the eos R actually
Then the whole point of the camera is not for you. Every model can't fit every use or user case, there hasn't been a 'best' camera for a long time.

Reactions: 19 users
Upvote 0
Feb 7, 2019
UK
If that is close I will be getting one. 75mp, DR, weather sealed.

I'd prefer a tilt screen than a flip screen but am comfortable within my own mind to know Canon don't care what I, as an individual, want...
Why would you prefer a tilt screen when a flippy one does the same thing, plus more?

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Ah, what you want is not the camera here...
What I would like as an architectural photographer is definitely not a camera optimised for your usage patterns.

Hopefully at some time in 2020, we can both be happy with what appears...

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

digibane

Canon EOS 1n
Jun 4, 2019
If that is close I will be getting one. 75mp, DR, weather sealed.

I'd prefer a tilt screen than a flip screen but am comfortable within my own mind to know Canon don't care what I, as an individual, want...
I do like fully articulating screens, just that L Brackets don't do well with them. What's your gripe with them that makes you prefer tilting screens?

Upvote 0

just shoot the wedding in mRaw or sRaw. That’s what I’ll be doing ha. Then for certain portraits you can bump the res if you’d like

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I do like fully articulating screens, just that L Brackets don't do well with them. What's your gripe with them that makes you prefer tilting screens?
As you say they don't work so well with L brackets, which I use (so I don't care about IBIS in this camera) and I don't like the orientation of the screen when it is off the side of the camera, to me it sticks out perilously meaning my sight line is messed up and it doesn't naturally blend flat if you knock it/it gets pushed or hit.

I like the Fujifilm GFX100 style where it comes out at the top, or the bottom, or a side to get a low angle and portrait orientation, after that I like the M5 version that comes out at the top or bottom, I really dislike the 80D/M50 style of swing out to the side to tilt.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Sounds like a great camera, if true.
Not my choice as I am hoping for a 30 MP brother of it.

But I'd be very much interested in how much Canon could improve the EVF performance.
As long as they don't make a big step here in moving and panning performance, I'd prefer an 5D Mk5 ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sounds like a great camera, if true.
Not my choice as I am hoping for a 30 MP brother of it.

But I'd be very much interested in how much Canon could improve the EVF performance.
As long as they don't make a big step here in moving and panning performance, I'd prever an 5D Mk5 ;)
It really depends on what price range this comes in at. If it comes in under 4k I'm not sure if there will be a direct 5dIV replacement.

If it is EOS-R like speeds, it might mean 8-10 fps. However that doesn't have to mean it's 3 fps slower when tracking like the R (and RP are). The 90d/M6II are just as fast while tracking, and the previous versions slowed significantly when turning options on to maximize tracking. The previous 5dIV was released with an MSRP of 3499 and the 5ds/r was a few hundred more. Since the Sony AIVr is 3499, I'd expect the new camera to come in within a few hundred of that.

If it can hit 9 FPS but experience no significant sped loss while tracking it will match up extrememly well with Sony's new camera. And with small and medium RAW modes those with concern about file sizes can be happy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0