Here are some more images of the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

koenkooi

EOS 7D MK II
Feb 25, 2015
On the M6, the ‘left’ D-pad toggles MF (it’s labeled as such).
It is probably the same on the M50, but I hate using the D-pad during shooting since I have to change my grip to move my thumb. With the record button I only have to move my index finger.
But yes, I should have said "assign a different button" and checked the manual beforehand.

mjg79

EOS 80D
Feb 19, 2016
This would be a perfect camera with the integrated side EVF.

I read some reviews and seen samples and i am disappointed of the image quality (and build) of the 55-200. Considering how good is the 55-250 STM, i expected at least as good. I would probably go for the 70-200 F4 IS
It wouldn't surprise me if the EF lenses are better, obviously the 70-200 f4 will be. However the Ef-m mount lens is really tiny and for me that was enough, the IS is good and I typically use it stopped down a little for compressed landscape/cityscape type shots. I don't think it would be a great choice where absolute image quality is needed or fast shutter speeds such as wildlife. For me the Ef-m system is strictly a travel or hiking set up though.

espressino

sigh.
Feb 26, 2018
What's the story on the prominently placed Manual Focus switch? Is MF something that M users are likely to use? Do M lenses even have mechanical focus? Seems like an odd chioce.
edit... I wonder if that's designed to allow BBF. There seem to be a button in the middle of the switch.
Unlike EF(-S) lenses, M lenses don't have a dedicated AF/MF switch, so you change it via the camera. In the M100 you have to fiddle with the menu system, and the M6 II has a dedicated button, to mirror the tactile experience from the EF lenses. I think it actually says in the stats that it only works with EF-M lenses, with other lenses you still toggle the old switch. I'm pretty sure the button near the toggle switch is BBF.

ashmadux

Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
Jul 28, 2011
New Yawk
photography.ashworld.com
I mapped AF/MF to the record button on my M50, it's a great way to fine tune focus with 10x magnify and switch back to autofocus when the situation changes. For profile shots at f/1.4 I use MF and when my 3 year old turns her head towards me I switch back to eye-AF.
On my 7D I would have used BBF for situations like this, but the EF-M lenses don't have an MF switch, you have to set it via the menus or assign a button to it.
hmmm....interesting