More Canon EOS M5 Specifications Emerge

d

Mar 8, 2015
pokerz said:
d said:
pokerz said:
bvukich said:
http://mseriescameras.usa.canon.com/10094_live/2_eos_m5.html
5 Axis stablization seems like 2.x times crop 8)

Not sure it's quite 2x - here's a still from the video:

Does it work on shooting Photos?

Video only, I believe. For IS when shooting stills, you need to be using a lens with built in IS.

Upvote 0
d said:
pokerz said:
d said:
pokerz said:
bvukich said:
http://mseriescameras.usa.canon.com/10094_live/2_eos_m5.html
5 Axis stablization seems like 2.x times crop 8)

Not sure it's quite 2x - here's a still from the video:

Does it work on shooting Photos?

Video only, I believe. For IS when shooting stills, you need to be using a lens with built in IS.
That means it requires sorely on Digi7 in body calculation, will it overheat or freeze in video?

Upvote 0
:)

All I need now are the pre-order instructions. I am going from the original M as my only camera to the M5. I have waited too long - deleted way too many blurry and missed photos from the original M. I am sure it is not the best spec'ed camera that they could have made and I fully expect it won't be priced as the best either - I can live with that. I am excited about the EVF - during the mid day I would just hold up the camera, press the button and hope for the best. Now I will be able to see what I am shooting. This will be the first camera or anything besides an apple product where I put in a pre-order.

Thank you Canon!!!!!

Upvote 0

d

Mar 8, 2015
tomsop said:
:)

All I need now are the pre-order instructions. I am going from the original M as my only camera to the M5. I have waited too long - deleted way too many blurry and missed photos from the original M...

If the speed improvements championed in the couple of preview videos I've watched are anything to go by, deleting blurry and missed photos should be a much quicker experience now... ;D

Upvote 0
nads said:
AE-1Burnham said:
Everything +'s,-except the battery... Verticle grip/Battery compartment availability maybe could help..?

I'm surprised there haven't been more complaints about the battery... and there really shouldn't be any.

I've posted about this before but last year we went to Disneyland with the M3, 22mm and 11-22mm. When getting ready to walk into the park I realized I left my spare LP-E17 and charger both in a hotel 6 hours away. I thought I was screwed.

6 hours on day 1, open to close on day 2 and the battery was still alive. At the hotel I was scrolling through images with the ipad connected to WIFI to edit a few. I still have 575 or so images from those two days and that single battery charge in my lightroom catalog.

With the M5 I will have 3 batteries and 2 chargers.... I'm glad they didn't change that part.
So, the battery is not so bad at all? I really like the new m5, but my main wish is to take it with me to hikes in alpes and make some timelapse sequences...
I am wondering if it could take cca. 300 long exposure images at night...

Upvote 0
Sidepod said:
pokerz said:
That means it requires sorely on Digi7 in body calculation, will it overheat or freeze in video?

Why should it? its not a Sony ....
Even 80d size body, they dare not to implement Digital IS.
With same sensor, evf in such a compact body and no heatsink like XC10, there may be chance of overheating

Upvote 0